Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Inspiration

One of my guilty pleasures is watching "My 600 lb Life". Most of the times it's inspiring, the people are really making an effort and they're so positive about their future after the surgery. (Plus, it makes me feel much better about myself. )

Today on one episode a woman proudly showed off her whiteboard where she had each weight goal, pound by pound, in squares so she could "X" them out as she went. She was delighted each time she marked one square. She also said it helped her keep away from snacking, because she would just go look at the board.

I know people do "dream boards" where they write things, and cut/paste pictures, as inspiration to look at for life goals. I like the idea of that in theory, but I've felt pretty stupid every time I've tried to do one. I don't think it's for me.

But this pound-by-pound whiteboard idea? LOVE. IT.

So here's my whiteboard! (It's the only one I had around the house, so it's toddler sized.)






I really like this visualization.

I'm admitting that the "166" is kind of a "gimme" because I weighed 166.2 this morning (4 lbs down, yay!), but progress is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment